Chronicles of the Wayward Moot

WELCOME TO THE MOOT, oh world-wanderers and word-whisperers. After two years of Peace Corps. After 2,200 miles on the Pacific Crest Trail. What. Comes. Next?

22 May 2010


I figure somebody I might alert George Rodrigue to the similarity between his famous blue dog and this bear painting I spied in the El Portal Market. I think blue dog was first.


El Capitan, Bridal Veil Falls, and the morning mist in the valley from Tunnel View on Hwy 41, on our way to the Mariposa Grove.


"Oh, did you want to pull over? I'm sorry, I just get used to it and forget to stop for others sometimes." So said Kingfisher, or something similar as we passed this vista. Bless her heart, but what a place to get used to!


Dinking around in the lower grove, a root remnant of a fallen giant.


The magnificent Clothespin Tree, all to ourselves since the snow prevented most other tree pilgrims from venturing too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home